John Grant Crabbe Library, 1924-1930

 

 

Summer 1924

John Grant Crabbe Library is built. A room in the new building was provided and equipped for “The Children’s Library.”

1928

First student employees hired

1929

Miss Mary Floyd hired as third librarian and Eastern’s Library is officially named John Grant Crabbe Library

July 14, 1930

Purchase of the John Wilson Townsend books and creation of the “Kentucky Room.” Later +additions of valuable Kentucky books, including Under a Fool’s Cap, were purchased from Townsend in November 1931 and collection named the John Wilson Townsend Library. In order to buy the books, the Library Committee spent $300 from their Emergency fund.

John Grant Crabbe Library, 1924-1930