Eastern's First Library

The home of Eastern's first library

Central University Prep Building




Eastern’s 1st central library established at Old Academy Building of Central University with 300 books. First librarian Ada J. Barter hired for $40 a month.


Miss Mary Estelle Reid hired as second librarian


First library committee established; first committee meeting allotted money to establish the Training School Library.

Fall 1918

Library moves to the Cammack Building


Eastern's First Library