Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: C.C. Weber

Weaver Health Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-11114.jpg
The Weaver Building was built in 1930 and is named for Charles F. Weaver who served for twelve years on Eastern's Board of Regents and established two of the first financial awards at Eastern. There is an inground swimming pool in the basement of the…

Sullivan Hall

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/1988-009-184.jpg
Sullivan Hall was named for Jere A. Sullivan (1862-1931), a Central University graduate and prominent attorney who supported the establishment of normal schools in Kentucky. He also served on Eastern's board of regents. Dedicated in 1909, with the…

Roark Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-03548.jpg
The Roark building is named for Eastern's first president, Ruric Neval Roark (1859-1909). His wife, Mary , served as acting president in 1909 when her husband died at the age of 50. She served for nearly a year as the school's president and dean of…

McCreary Hall

0001-005-07636.tif
Former residence hall built in 1938 as a WPA project, McCreary Hall houses the Department of Government and the Division of Natural Areas. Along with Beckham and Miller Halls, the three form a U-shaped complex. McCreary Hall was named in honor of…

Keen Johnson Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-03557.jpg
This Colonial Revival style building, built in 1939 as a WPA project, was originally the student union at Eastern Kentucky State Teachers College. It is named in honor of Keen Johnson (1896-1970), former governor of Kentucky and regent of Eastern. It…

Fitzpatrick Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-06111.jpg
Named in honor of Ralph W. Whalin who served Eastern from 1937 to 1974 as Professor and Chair or the Department of Industrial Arts. He was the first Faculty Regent. The Fitzpatrick Building , built in 1939, is named for H.D. Fitzpatrick Sr. a…

John G. Crabbe Library

0001-022-ct1306.tif
Named to honor John Grant Crabbe who served from 1910 to 1916 as Eastern's second president. It was built in 1924 at a cost of $67,000. In 1936 the space was nearly doubled in size with the addition of the Grand Reading Room. During the 1965-66…

Coates Administration Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/1988-009-177.jpg
Named for Eastern's third president, Dr. Thomas Jackson Coates (1867-1928) of Pikeville, Kentucky, the Coates Building has served as the central administration facility since its construction in 1926. In the center of the building is the Hiram Brock…

Cammack Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-03674.jpg
Built in 1918, it is named for James W. Cammack, Sr., chair of Eastern's first Board of Regents. The building once housed the library and the laboratory school. Today it serves as a classroom building and houses the Department of Psychology.

Burnam Hall

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-03640.jpg
Burnam Hall is named in honor of Judge Anthony Rollins Burnam (1846-1919), state senator, court of appeals justice, and prominent resident of Richmond, who influenced the decision to locate one of the state's normal schools in Richmond. Dedicated in…

Beckham Hall

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/1988-009-180.jpg
Former residence hall built in 1938, Beckham Hall houses the Office of Co-op Education , the Offices of Residential Development and Education , the Department of Economics, Real Estate Studies, and the Residence Hall Association. Along with Miller…

Administration building (Coates)

http://www.library-old.eku.edu/collections/sca/images/tnails/H0000247.jpg
Architectural drawing of the administration building. Exact date on drawing: April 8, 1927.University Counsel office paid $300 to have framed.

Crabbe Library

http://www.library-old.eku.edu/collections/sca/images/tnails/H0000115.jpg
An architectural drawing of Crabbe library. 1907, the date given on the label, is incorrect. Text in right hand corner of drawing: "CC & EA Weber-Archts/Cin.O-."