Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Coates Administration Building

Coates Administration Building
Named for Eastern's third president, Dr. Thomas Jackson Coates (1867-1928) of Pikeville, Kentucky, the Coates Building has served as the central administration facility since its construction in 1926. In the center of the building is the Hiram Brock…

Administration building (Coates)
Architectural drawing of the administration building. Exact date on drawing: April 8, 1927.University Counsel office paid $300 to have framed.

Portrait-Brock, Hiram M.
Oil painting of Hiram Brock. According to an article on p. 18 of the Winter 1987 Eastern Alumnus, Hiram M. Brock, Jr., presented a portrait of his father to Pres. Funderburk c. 1987. Brock, Sr., served as a state senator from 1912 to 1936 and as a…

Portrait-Coates, Thomas Jackson
Oil Painting of Thomas Coates. According to an article in the 11/21/1930 Eastern Progress, the Alumni Association commissioned the portrait in 1930 and planned to unveil it during the 1931 commencement ceremonies. A list of donors was to be sealed…