Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: classrooms

University Building

0001-005-2978.jpg
The University Building, also known as Old Central, is the oldest building on campus and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. A stone marker over the main door records the date, "1874" and Central's motto, "Lex, Rex-Crux, Lux" or…

Moore Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-022-ct1582.jpg
The Moore Building is named for Dr. W.J. Moore who came to Eastern in 1913 as a 19-year-old freshman, and retired in 1965 after 52 years' association with the University - 30 years as a teacher and 20 years as a Dean. The building, constructed in…

Foster Music Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-03599.jpg
Built in 1956, the Foster Music building is named for the great composer of "My Old Kentucky Home". It has 19 practice rooms, classrooms, 10 studios, 2 band rooms, a chorus room, and houses the Department of Music. It is the home of the Foster Music…

Combs Building

0001-005-11841.tif
The Combs Building is named in honor of Bert T. Combs, one of the greatest governors in the history of the Commonwealth. Lecture halls, each built like a small auditorium, are tributes to two of Eastern's veteran teachers. The D. T. Ferrell Room is…

Cammack Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-03674.jpg
Built in 1918, it is named for James W. Cammack, Sr., chair of Eastern's first Board of Regents. The building once housed the library and the laboratory school. Today it serves as a classroom building and houses the Department of Psychology.

Begley Building

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-12580.jpg
The Robert B. Begley Building was built in 1970 and is named to honor a former member of the EKU Board of Regents and life-long EKU supporter. The seven-story Begley Building is designed to serve nearly 2,000 students hourly in classes and also…

Alumni Coliseum

http://people.eku.edu/couturej/discovereku/buildings/0001-005-12199.jpg
The Alumni Coliseum, built in 1963, featured what was then the largest roof of its kind, having a span of 308 feet and constructed from 626,276 board feet of lumber. The main arena, McBrayer Arena, is named for Paul S. McBrayer, an Anderson County…